A year in Linlithgow
Strategically placed in West Lothian between the Bathgate Hills and the Forth Valley. Located close to the Edinburgh Stirling motorway Linlithgow is an easy drive from anywhere in central Scotland.
Linlithgow has been at the forefront of Scottish history for hundreds of years and is especially associated with Mary Queen of Scots.
Take a Linlithgow tour to-day
A good place to start would be to speak to the very knowledgeable folk at Linlithgow Tours Tel: 07909 635 270.
A walking tour highlighting the historic sites around the Town Hall , Kirkgate , St.Michaels Church and Linlithgow Palace , the Birth Place of Mary Queen of Scots.
- Historical Linlithgow Tour
Includes a visit to Linlithgow Story at Annet House, the garden riggs, the site of the first 'Gun Murder' in Scotland and the back 'wynds' of the Royal Burgh.
- Sail and Walking Combined Tour
Cruise into the town along the Union Canal on board the St.Magdalene or Victoria , visit the Canal Museum, and check out the Royal Doo'cot. Walk along the back wynds, visit Linlithgow Story Museum , view Linlithgow Loch, Linlithgow Palace and St Michaels Church and much more.
Interesting places in Linlithgow
A small selection of teh many places and opportunities that may interest you to include in your customised tour of Linlithgow
- Linlithgow Palace the birth place of Mary Queen of Scots.
- Union Canal , experience a leisurely cruise into the Royal Burgh.
- Gain an insight to the amazing Life of Mary Queen of Scots.
- Linlithgow Story Museum, experienced Linlithgow's excellent Museum.
- Scottish Garden Rigg, appreciate, and walk through, the wonderful garden
- Linlithgow Loch, enjoy the view and feed the Royal Swans.
- St.Michaels Church,appreciate the wonderful interior of this magnificent Church.
- Canal Museum, visit the only one in Scotland at the Manse Road Canal Basin.
- See and hear about the towns Doo'cot, Provost's Lamp and Cross Well.
- Find out why the locals are proud to be called 'Black Bitches'.
- Visit the site of the first 'gun murder' in Scotland.
Cruising along the Union Canal
Follow the canal West from Linlithgow with or without your boat and join the complex at the Falkirk Wheel. A millennium project linking East and West coast Scotland by lifting barges and boats between the Union and Forth and Clyde Canals.
Find out more about Falkirk
January - Enjoy a winter walk around Linlithgow Peel and see the Palace in the snow
February - Start your tour from Linlithgow Cross. Eat, drink and shop surrounded by history and mystery
September - Walk, ride, fish and explore the woodlands at Beecraigs Park and learn about the flora and fauna
October - Stroll around the Rose Garden Walk and enjoy the historical characters of Linlithgow